Uh, not that that's why I started this entry. I wanted to prod you about tagging. Since I'm going through all my bookmarks I want to get this right, and I'm worried I'll forget adding important tags, argh. Right now I'm adding tags for:
* events, meaning challenges or fests, eg. event:paperlegends
* host, which will make it easier to hunt for AO3 alternatives in the future, eg. host:lj
* keyword, this includes kinks, tropes, and the like, eg. keyword:hurt/comfort
* medium, meaning fic, art, vid
* setting, meaning AU, canon, etc.
* word count, which I divided into categories, eg. words(3):2k-4.9k
I format the bookmark titles "author: story title", so I can locate authors and stories via the search function. The description format is "word count. rating. author summary". I'm also adding my own summary in ( ) if the author summary is too nondescript. Oh, and author warnings if there are any, mostly for people browsing by.
Is there anything you tag for that I left out? Any "keywords" that are important to you? My instinct is to not tag for m/m, for example, since that's true for most of the stories I bookmark. Instead I thought I'd tag for het and moresomes, but I'm not sure if that's the right approach, hrm.
Oh, and one more thing: [I'm in love with the new spoiler tag.]Hey there, beautiful. It works in the comments, too! How brilliant is that? :D I can't even think why I would use the regular lj-cut anymore. The spoiler tag doesn't require leaving the page, that's great even when you cut for length. Bwee! A useful LJ addition at last.